BRING YOUR RUNNING TO NEW HEIGHTS!
SKY IS THE LANGIT!
FRESH AIR. MAGNIFICENT VIEWS. GREAT CHALLENGE.
PILIPINAS AKYATHLON: The Philippine SKYRACE
29 January 2011, Saturday,
Mt. Sto. Tomas, Baguiio City, Benguet
The first of a series SKYRACES™ (mountain trail running at high altitude) for 2011, organized by the Philippine Skyrunning Association (PSA). This will also serve as the test race for the ISF-sanctioned Philippine International Skyrace slated for 08 October 2011.Click here to see other skyraces worldwide.
Slots are limited. Pre-register NOW by emailing (1) Name, (2) Gender (3) Birthdate, (4) Mobile number to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Race Course Description:
A 21km mountain running race starting from the Kennon Road Toll Plaza (771masl). The first 10km is a steep climb to the peak of Mt Sto Tomas (2257masl). The next 11 km is a fast descend from Mt Sto Tomas (the highest point around Bagiuio) through to Mt Cabuyao (2025masl) and finally to the finish line at Green Valley Country Club (1546masl). The total elevation gain is 2178 meters, while the total elevation loss is 1445 meters. The race course features magficent views of the mountaiins as well the great view of the whole of Baguio City. About 80% of the route is single track trail and rough road, while the remainder is paved road.Click here for route map and profile.
How to Get to the Race Site:
From Metro Manila, take a bus to Baguio City. Victory Liner buses leaves for Baguio from EDSA Pasay and EDSA Cubao every 30 minutes. Fee for regular aircon buses is P440 while the fee for the roomier deluxe buses is P700. From Bagiuo City, take a taxi to Kennon Road Toll Plaza (Starting Line). The taxi fare will be about P100. If you are traveling with your vehicle and would like to share the ride and expenses with other runners, please advise us so we can hook you up.
Awards and Prizes:
Medals will be awarded to the following:
Top 3 Overall, Male & Female
Top Runner, Male & Female in 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60& over age groups
Top 3 Male & Female in the Mountaineer Category
All finishers will receive finisher’s t-shirt, and will be qualified for raffle prizes.
5~6am Assembly, Check in, Race briefing
6am Start of the Akyathlon®
2pm Awarding, Raffle, Lunch
Hundreds of hotels, hostels, inns and hoestay are scattered all over Baguio City. Please contact us if you need help.
* Each runner must be self-contained and self-reliant, complete with hydration pack or fuel belt, trail food and first aid kit
* The supplied race number bibs must be worn/pinned at the front and back of each runner.
* Water loading stations will be available at the base of the mountain (Kenon Rd Toll Plaza) and at the peak of Mt. Sto Tomas.
* The trail will be marked with blue ribbons, directional signs will be installed at appropriate junctions.
* Race marshals will be stationed along the course.
* Two response teams are posted at pre-determined spots along the course.
* The use of trekking poles is permitted.
* Bringing of mobile phone is encouraged (fully charged and with load).
* Suggested things to bring: headgear, headlamp, raincoat.
* In case of serious injuries of a fellow runner or other emergencies, runners are obligated to pause with his/her racing, extend the appropriate help, and call/text the race organizer.
₱1,100 if paid until 30 December 2010
₱1,300 if paid until 15 January 2011
Payment can be made handing the fee to any PSA officer, or deposit the fee to BPI current account number 3191-0473-02 of the Philippine Skyrunning Association. Email the scanned/photographed deposit slip with your name to email@example.com or fax to 820-4225.
source: Mon Marchan of Phil. Sky Running