Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Multisport 101: Swim.Bike.Run. You Tri.


Three years ago, I never thought i will love the sport of running. I tend to join road races almost every week but when I already achieved my goal of doing long distance running, I look for more that will also compliment with it.

Sometime ago in Takbo.ph we have a weekly schedule of swim session. It's part of our cross training but when we frequently doing it that's the time I decided to do an Aquathlon for a change.

After doing two Aquathlons last year, triathletes friends encourage me to do the Animo Triathlon of the same year. I said, I don't have a bike yet but a triathlete friend lend me her MTB bike. Yes, you can use mountain bike for your first tri. Any bike you are currently riding will work just fine. It can be a road bike, mountain bike or hybrid. Many people have completed their first triathlon on a borrowed bicycle just like me :) But make sure the bike is fitted for you and not a rotten one. A borrowed MTB with a sleek tire was my first bike to use in my first ever triathlon. But after experiencing the Animo triathlon, I decided to buy my own bike last July, 2010 and did my first Duathlon.

Borrowed MTB Bike (Thanks to Joni Lopez)

Aquathlon is a combination of Swim-Run or sometimes Run-Swim-Run.

Ateneo Aquathon 2010

Duathlon is an athletic event that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running

2nd Leg Powerade Duathlon 2010

Triathlon is a multi-sport event involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events.[1] While many variations of the sport exist, triathlon, in its most popular form, involves swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession over various distances.

Animo Tri 2010

So, for those who wants to get into multisport. Hinge Inquirer Publications brings you the Multisport 101 Series of Seminar.

Learn about correct technique, injury prevention, proper nutrition, heart rate training, more from country's premiere coaches.


How to Register:

Option 1: Visit and register via MultiSports' Facebook page.

Option 2: E-mail the following info. to multisport101@gmail.com with "MultiSport 101 Registration" as the subject: Name, age, sex, address, telephone no., mobile no., marital status, household monthly income, magazine delivery payment via Security Bank or BPI, desired class schedule.

Option 3: Fill out the subscription form and fax to (632) 519-5815 or e-mail the filled-up subscription form to multisport101@gmail.com with "MultiSport 101 Registration" as the subject.

Option 4: Register at the selected outlets starting April 18, 2011:

  • Chris Sports - Market! Market!, Glorietta, SM Annex North EDSA, Festival Mall
  • Olympic World / Olympic Gold / Olympic Village - Alabang Town Center, Trinoma, SM Megamall, Robinson's Galleria, Market! Market!
A confirmation e-mail will be sent after successful registration.

For questions or clarifications, please call 403.8825 local 221 and look for Jaja Aninacion or email multisport101@gmail.com

"Doing multi-sports is not a sport. To swim, bike and run is a LIFESTYLE. "it's all in our mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment

1911: Rizal Park Hotel

Rizal Park Hotel Lobby Thinking where to stay overnight in Manila?   My sister and her family just arrived from Germany and ...